How to eliminate: "Unbalanced circuit of terminal unit "XY"..."
|Product|| InstalSystem 5|
|Type of article|| TYPICAL PROBLEM|
|Source for translation|| IS 5.0 Beta 2.0.B5|
The message is displayed when the determined flow rate across the terminal unit is higher than the required flow. Hydraulically unbalanced circuits are diagnosed by displaying the message:
- Unbalanced circuit of "XY" terminal unit (XY% of required flow) - check capabilities of control components in circuit
Unbalanced circuits may result from:
- lack of valves that limit maximum flow or control the flow across the units (e.g. thermostatic valves),
- insufficient control/balancing capabilities of the fixtures used (e.g. excessive kv at minimum setting of the valve),
- incorrect distribution in Tichelmann system (lengths of circuits, between the source and every subsequent terminal unit, should be similar),
- incorrect specification of pipe types and/or pipe diameters for connections of Heating/Cooling Zone or pipe-runs feeding the terminal units (diameters of the feed pipes and of the circuit proper should match).
Inconsistency in diamters may result in incorrect/excessive use of connecting fittings which increases flow resistance and differences in pressure drops,
- differences in sizes of terminal units or groups of terminal units in a Tichelmann system.
- Proper specification of pipe types and/or diameters for connections to Heating/Cooling Zone or pipe-runs feeding the terminal units.
- Use flow control components.
- Eliminate differences in sizes of terminal units by connecting them in series.